Hey hey hey! We’ve just uploaded our documentary, New Games: Play in the UK. It’s got stacks of interviews and footage of games being played over in the UK… Check it out here
You are browsing archives for
Tag: Larkin’ About
- There are big games going on all around Fed Square usually starting a new one every hour.
- There are little games going on the stage of The Edge and you can go down and play them when ever you like.
- In the foyer of the Edge we have set up a bunch of Constructive Play activities and you can use them to make whatever you like.
- If you’ve got kids with you we’ve got kids games running down on River Terrace all afternoon.
- There’s also a couple of ambient games which start at HQ but might take you all over Fed square, that you can do on your own or in groups and go at your own pace.
On Sunday we had our second playtest for Fresh Air.
We started out with Larkin’ About‘s Attack The Block where the Red, Green and Blue Teams attempted to take over each other’s territory. This was made even more interesting by the fact that Fed Square now has 250 Christmas trees scattered around the main playing area.
Next, we played Obscure Games‘ Nashville, where our players were gunslingers from the Wild West, using their best poker hand to win shootouts. You ain’t never had a shootout in the middle of summer in a forest of Xmas trees like this!
Finally, we playtested one of our own games, Tourist Attractor, where three players were Tour Guides who made up increasingly bizarre stories about different aspects of Fed Square.
Thanks to everyone who attended! We’ll have a final playtest in January, so keep an eye out for announcements about that soon…