Our Writer in Residence, Emilie Collyer, also wrote a response to the experience of playing games at the Fresh Air festivalin Feb, 2013. We’re proud to present Emilie’s brand new work – Plays Well With Others.
Plays well with others
by Emilie Collyer
The problem wasn’t so much in the game. The problem was in the aftermath of the game.
‘Who the fuck is going to clean this place up?’
He was blonde, lean and dressed as a security guard. None of us could tell at that moment who was Halo and who was Human. It was hard enough any time, but straight after a long game judgement was particularly impaired. But he was holding a gun so we gave him the benefit of the fucking doubt.Read More
Fresh Air offers you a range of awesome things to do.
- There are big games going on all around Fed Square usually starting a new one every hour.
- There are little games going on the stage of The Edge and you can go down and play them when ever you like.
- In the foyer of the Edge we have set up a bunch of Constructive Play activities and you can use them to make whatever you like.
- If you’ve got kids with you we’ve got kids games running down on River Terrace all afternoon.
- There’s also a couple of ambient games which start at HQ but might take you all over Fed square, that you can do on your own or in groups and go at your own pace.